Being promoted to a senior management position is certainly a welcome reward. Now is the time to take advantage of that financial reward for you and your family’s financial future. Planning needs may include:
- Employee equity based compensation – review cash flow and tax planning for stock options, restricted stock units and equity based bonus plans.
- Deferred compensation plans - coordinate existing deferrals with equity compensation awards. Discuss pros and cons of electing further compensation deferrals.
- Cash Flow – develop an approach of how to best employ your extra cash flow to support your life goals and enjoy the fruits of your labor.
- Overall tax planning – coordinate with your tax preparer strategies to moderate the impact of your new higher tax rates to find you cash to save for the future.
- Investment portfolio – adjust your portfolio allocation to reduce the impact of annual taxable investment income.
- Insurance – review life insurance and disability coverage levels in light of increased earnings.
- Estate Planning - determine if your Wills/Trusts need to be updated due to your increased net worth. Take into account estate taxes, probate issues and the financial needs of your children.
Sign up to get interesting news and updates delivered to your inbox.