Clients often come to us wondering whether they will be OK as they anticipate retirement. Today, retirement means different things to each of us. It might be transitioning to a less intensive career, doing part time work or dong fun activities and/or volunteering. We collaborate with you developing what your vision of life after full time work looks like. We work together to create a tailored retirement plan supporting that vision. Areas we may address include:
- Social security – review strategies to optimize a benefits plan for you and/or your spouse. Explain the valuable role that inflation indexed social security can play in your plan.
- Health care – plan for costs both before and after Medicare age. Provide resources to find Medicare supplemental health plan options.
- Long term care (LTC) –provide a customized summary of the pros and cons of LTC insurance.
- IRA distribution planning - evaluate distribution strategies before the required minimum distribution age of 70.5.
- Retirement investment portfolio – develop a retirement investment allocation which reduces the risk of needing to withdraw funds during a significant stock market decline.
- Retirement spending needs – develop a core budget based on your expected lifestyle. Explore the impact of increased travel needs, a second home or winter travel to a warmer climate.
- Work transition – help plan stock option exercise strategy, restricted stock vesting, loss of health coverage and deferred compensation income.
Sign up to get interesting news and updates delivered to your inbox.